Tired of being bound by a remote to connect your Samsung TV to WiFi? Bid farewell to the frustrations as I guide you through an alternative approach for seamless connectivity. Choose between the mobile app or the reliable duo of a mouse and keyboard. Armed with your preferred alternative, effortlessly navigate to the settings and access “Configure Network.” This practical step-by-step guide empowers you to establish a WiFi connection without the need for a traditional remote.
Samsung Smart TVs are known for their advanced features and high-quality display. However, connecting them to the WiFi network can be a challenge, especially when you don’t have a remote. But don’t worry, there are several ways to connect your Samsung TV to WiFi without a remote.
In this article, we will discuss step-by-step instructions on how to connect Samsung TV to WiFi without a remote.
Connecting Samsung To WiFi Through The Mobile App
One of the easiest ways to connect your Samsung TV to WiFi without a remote is through the mobile app. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1- Download The Samsung App
To download the Samsung App, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the app store on your mobile device. The Samsung App is available on both the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- Search for “Samsung SmartThings” in the search bar.
- Once you find the app, click on the “Install” button.
- Wait for the app to download and install on your device.
- Once the app is installed, open it and follow the instructions to register and connect your Samsung TV to WiFi.
2- Register Your Samsung App
Once you have downloaded the app, you need to register in the Samsung app. To register your app please follow these steps:
- Open the Samsung app and create a Samsung account. You can do this by going to the Samsung account creation page
- Once you have created a Samsung account, go to the app’s settings or options menu.
- Look for an option to register the app or link it to your Samsung account. This may be located under a “My Account” or “Account Settings” section.
- Enter your Samsung account information, such as your email address and password.
- Follow any additional prompts or instructions to complete the registration process.
- Once your app is registered, you may be eligible for benefits such as access to exclusive features or content
3. Connect Your Device With Your TV
Now that you have successfully logged into the app, it’s time to establish a connection with your TV.
Follow the instructions below to connect your Samsung TV:
- Open the SmartThings app and access the dashboard.
- Your TV should be automatically detected and displayed in the dashboard.
- To utilize the digital remote service, tap on the “Remote” button, which is represented by a blue icon.
- Note: In case your TV is not listed in the dashboard, proceed to the Devices tab and select “Add New Device”.
- Your smartphone will initiate a search for your Samsung TV, and once it is discovered, tap on the “Connect” option to establish the connection.
4. Connect Samsung TV With WiFi
After successfully connecting your phone to the WiFi, you can proceed to connect it with your WiFi-enabled Samsung TV using the following steps:
- Launch the SmartThings app on your phone and tap on the “Remote” option located below your Samsung TV.
- Wait for the digital remote to load and press the “Menu” button once.
- Navigate to the “WiFi and Connectivity” option under the settings menu.
- If you haven’t enabled the feature yet, turn it on.
- Locate your household’s WiFi network and select it.
- Enter your WiFi password credentials and tap on the “Connect” button.
- Congratulations! Your Samsung TV is now successfully connected to your WiFi network via the mobile app.
These steps are easy to follow and will enable you to enjoy streaming content on your Samsung TV in no time.
How To Connect Samsung TV To The WiFi Via Keyboard & Mouse?
Another way to connect your Samsung TV to WiFi without a remote is through a keyboard and mouse.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
1- Check For Recommendations
Before connecting a mouse and keyboard to your Samsung TV, it’s crucial to ensure compatibility. Start by accessing the Guide, where you can find a list of recommended mouse and keyboard models tailored specifically for your Samsung TV model. Some popular options include Logitech K750, Logitech K400, and Logitech K360.
Remember to consult the Guide under Devices > Mouse & Keyboards for model-specific recommendations. However, if you have other USB-connected devices at home, you can also give them a try.
2- Connect Your Devices
Once you have the compatible mouse and keyboard in your possession, it’s time to connect them to your TV. If you prefer the flexibility of wireless devices, opt for wireless mice and keyboards.
However, if you’re comfortable with wired connections, they work just as effectively. Simply plug the USB receiver or cable into your TV’s USB port. The mouse and keyboard should automatically connect without requiring any additional steps.
3- Connect Your TV To the WiFi
The final step involves connecting your Samsung TV to WiFi. Follow the instructions below to achieve a seamless connection using your newly connected mouse and keyboard:
- Locate the Lone Button on your Samsung TV and press and hold it.
- A pop-up window will appear, displaying various options. Click on “Input”.
- From the Input menu, select “Live TV”.
- Under the “Channel” section, choose “Recommended”.
- Next, click on “Configure Network”.
- Look for your router’s SSID and select it, then enter your router’s password when prompted.
It’s important to note that you’ll need to execute these steps using your connected mouse and keyboard, as the TV remote won’t be used in this process.
Congratulations! At this stage, your Samsung TV will be successfully connected to WiFi, granting you easy access to a wide range of online content, all without needing the TV remote. Enjoy the seamless browsing and enhanced control that comes with this wireless setup