Hi there! I want to share one of my family’s favorite summertime traditions with you today: drive-in movies! If you’re lucky enough to have a drive-in close to you (here’s a list), I highly suggest this great family activity! But there are some things we’ve learned over the years that make it a LOT easier and more enjoyable.
First off, put your kids in PJs. The movies typically don’t start ’till about 9:30 EST and if your kids are young, they’re probably gonna zonk out. One thing that makes me crazy is that they won’t want to brush their teeth when you get home, and after all of the popcorn and sweet stuff they eat at a drive-in… well, it may seem like overkill, but I have them give their teeth a good brush before we leave home. If it makes you feel better, throw a bottle of mouthwash in the car! It’s easy to skip brushings during the summer, but Aquafresh® toothpaste reminds us that sugar acids aren’t good for our teeth, so it’s important to brush twice daily with one of their products that offers sugar acid protection. Aquafresh® toothpaste is great for both kids and adults, and Aquafresh Sugar Acid Protection from fluoride protects teeth from sugar acids caused by eating both everyday foods and summertime treats.
Kids ready to go? Now it’s time to pack the car! Hopefully you have a van, truck, or car with a hatchback so you can fold the seats down. Here’s what you’ll want to bring:
- Lots of blankets and a few pillows (for deluxe comfort in the bed of a truck, try an air mattress!)
- Camp chairs (for the grown-ups)
- A small cooler for snacks if you don’t want to buy everything at the snack bar (and it also makes a great table for snacks between the adults’ camp chairs)
- Umbrella (just in case!)
Next, fill a tote with:
- Battery operated radio (this way you won’t strain your car’s battery)
- Flashlight (for finding your way to the bathroom and back)
- Bug repellent
- Antibacterial wipes or hand gel
- Some things to do before the movie starts: deck of cards, Uno, a Frisbee, etc.
- DIY Snack Trays (see instructions here!)
I hope you find these tips helpful! Have fun at the movies!
Now, what’s your trick for getting your kids to take care of their teeth during the summer? Tell me in the comments to enter for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/23/2015 – 8/23/2015