Hey everyone! So I’ve been blogging for awhile now and while my pageviews are still meager compared to many others’ blogs, I’m certainly enjoying more traffic now than I did in the beginning. The thing is, I feel I wrote some pretty fun stuff a few years ago but no one (other than my mom) actually read it. So every once in awhile, I revisit some of that old material to see if there’s anything worth sharing again.
I came across this old post, and I thought you might like it. It’s short and sweet and it’s before the days when I knew how to take semi-decent pics of food; but, nevertheless, it’s kinda fun.
Originally posted January 24, 2011:
5 Things You Can Make With a Jar of Salsa
1) An Appetizer–Mix 1 jar of salsa with 2 softened packages of cream cheese for an easy-peasy tortilla chip dip on Super Bowl Sunday
2) A Soup–Dump 1 jar of salsa with 4 cans black beans (rinsed and drained), plus 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable stock into a crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours, puree, then serve topped with shredded cheese (monterey jack is good) and a dollop of sour cream.
3) A Main Dish–Cut 2 lb. round steak into 5 or 6 portions; place in crock pot. Top with one sliced onion, 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper. Mix one can cream of mushroom soup with 1 c. salsa, 2 T. flour and 1 tsp. dry mustard; pour over top. Cook on low for 9 – 10 hours and voila…Swiss Steak! Serve with baked potatoes, and while you’re scrubbing spuds, bake a few extra for tomorrow’s dinner.
4) A Side Dish–Top leftover baked potatoes with leftover salsa, sour cream and cheddar. Serve with a salad.
5) A Condiment–Ever had salsa on grilled brats? Yum!
What do you make with salsa? Feel free to share in the comments!