Hi everyone! Hope your day is getting off to a great start. I wanted to post this quick idea for you this morning before we’re off and running.
Do you have a drop spot in your house? Most of us struggle, I think, with keeping all of the odds and ends that come out of pockets or purses handy, but tidy at the same time. With our kitchen torn out, we REALLY don’t have a great spot to put all that flotsam. I found these small trays at a junk store; I’m not sure what they would’ve been used for back in the day because they’re so diminutive. But I decided to give ’em a paint treatment so they could become a perfect spot for dropping keys, sunglasses or phones.
Painted Trays for Emptying Your Pockets
Nap Rating = 1/2 nap for each tray (not including dry time)
Tools & Materials
- Metal tray
- Sand paper
- Spray paint
- Painter’s tape
- Lightly sand your tray if it has chipped paint or rust on it. Wipe it with a damp towel and let dry.
- Spray paint your tray and let dry overnight.
- Find silhouette images online (I used Google Images) and print them out.
- Using a pencil, color the back of the graphic.
- Turn the graphic right side up again, and center it on the tray. Use a little painter’s tape to secure it.
- With a pencil, trace the outline of the silhouette. The pencil on the back of the paper will transfer to the tray.
- Remove the paper, and using the Sharpie, fill the graphic in.
- Spray the tray with sealer.
That’s it! Until next time…