Warning Signs You Might Be a DIY Addict:
- You start thinking “I could make this” before even looking at the price tag, only to realize once you have finished that you spent more on supplies than if you had just bought the thing.
- You have experienced one or both of these conditions: a tingling, numb feeling in your index finger from spray painting and an absence of fingerprints because you’ve burnt your fingertips so many times on the dumb glue gun.
- Your personal hygeine has taken a back seat.
- Your dining room table resembles the clearance rack at Michael’s. Rather than clear it off, you just eat somewhere else.
- You’ve seriously considered outsourcing the house cleaning so you’ll have more time for your “projects.”
- Your last dream starred John and Sherry and something about chevron.
- You know who John and Sherry are.
- Your Christmas wish list contains items like a mitre saw and quarts of Annie Sloan chalk paint.
- You want a better camera–not for taking cute pics of your kids–but for taking cute pics of your sandwich so you can blog about it.
- You not only know that Ikea Hack is NOT a serious medical condition, but rather something to be admired.
- You start using words like “reveal” and “styled” when referring to projects and bookcases, which is really annoying, even to you.
If this sounds like you, back away from the coffee pot, put down the staple gun, and post your story of being a DIY addict here.