Have you all heard of The Graphics Fairy? It’s an amazing site full of free clip art and project inspiration. I made this little picture for our entryway shelf by super-imposing a bike silhouette from Graphics Fairy onto a .jpg of an ikat print I found using Google Images. Then I just popped it in a floating frame. I like it a lot…and it was so inexpensive and easy to do.
DIY Bicycle Art
Nap Rating = less than 1
- Computer with image-editing software (I used Picasa)
- Color printer (or just take it to a kiosk)
- Floating frame
- Search a site that has free clip art (like Graphics Fairy)
- Once you locate an image you want to use, right click it and save it to your computer. Silhouettes work best if you plan to use superimposing.
- Search a site that has free clip art or just Google Images for a background you want to use. I used words like “background” and “wallpaper” in my search.
- Right click this image and save it to your computer.
- Open Picasa.
- Choose Create Picture Collage.
- Select the two photos you want to use from your library.
- In the Settings tab of the Collage function, select Multiple Exposure. The two images should automatically become layered.
- Print out the photo and pop it in a frame. Done!