Ta-da! Speaking of natural…I loved the wood veneer Jackie used, but I decided to save some money and use some burlap I already had. I also kept the keys their natural color. I used some thrift store frames and just spray painted them white to unify them.
My frames before I sprayed them…Jackie’s instructions were great. The project is pretty intuitive, though, so I really just stole her idea (thank you for the inspiration!) and did it my own way.
Nap Rating = 2 naps (1 for spray painting; 1 for assembling)
- Spray paint (if necessary)
- Newspaper (if spray painting)
- Hot glue gun
- Decorative keys (I got mine from Create for Less)
- If necessary, remove glass and backing from frames, lay them on newspaper, and spray paint them in the color of your choice
- Meanwhile, cover cardboard backing of frame with burlap by cutting a piece of burlap slightly larger and wrapping ends around the cardboard. Use hot glue to affix into place.
- Once frames are dry, insert cardboard backing and lay keys out in your desired arrangment.
- Affix keys to burlap with hot glue.
Here are some more pics of our new artwork, hanging in the entryway.