Now, that our Halloween hangover has passed and what’s left of the candy has been stashed in the pantry, I’m ready to tackle the next holiday. We’re hosting Thanksgiving for my husband’s side of the family this year, which has spurred on a myriad of projects, not least of which is a built-in in our foyer to house coats and purses. More on that later. But for now, check out my Pinterest board for Thanksgiving table and craft inspiration. Here are some of the ideas:
- This table is more formal than what we’d do, but oh how gorgeous it is. I love the addition of blue to the fall-ish color scheme.
- This guy would be a great way to get the little ones involved in decorating the table.
- Love, love, love, brown transferware.
- These pictures would be nice year-round but are particularly nice for the dining room on Turkey Day.
- In case you can’t read this, it says: “It’s not having what you want. It’s wanting what you have.” A good reminder…
- Love this idea. If you made the leaf mobile I blogged about, how easy to take that craft into the next holiday by adding notes of thanks to the leaves already on it.
- Anything Indian corn is a winner for this holiday.
- Using dried and lentils and corn to anchor candles inside a vase: genius.
- A modern take on the Thanksgiving table, again with blue, and with white pumpkins. Very chic.
- Love this mantel. The sign simply says “Give Thanks.”
Make sure to click on my Pinterest board if you want to see the images larger, or to get details and instructions.
Now, if I can survive stuffing and roasting my first turkey ever (yikes!) I’m hoping to enjoy the rest of the day participating in a canned food drive, watching the Thanksgiving Day parade with the kiddos, getting in a walk after eating ourselves silly, and then topping off with pie and coffee later. How do you like to spend Thanksgiving?