One of the main premises of Home Made Modern is that moms shouldn’t have to sacrifice style, personal preferences, or in this case, a delicious lunch despite the fact that most of our waking hours are spent taking care of the needs of someone else. Needless to say, it can be challenging to feed your family a healthy meal, let alone get one for yourself. To help make this a little easier, I often make a huge salad at the beginning of the week and munch on it all week. Here’s another alternative that’s super-versatile. Make a big pan of these roasted vegetables on a Sunday night, then use them all week for lunches or dinner side dishes.
Easy Roasted Vegetables
1 red pepper
1 large or 2 small zucchini
1 large or 2 small yellow squash
1 medium red or yellow onion
1 T. Herbs de Provence
Rough chop all of the vegetables and toss with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and the herbs on a foil lined cookie sheet. Roast at 400 degrees until fork-tender, stirring once.
There’s a variety of lunches you can get out of these veggies:
- Wrap them in a tortilla with shredded cheese and creamy Italian dressing
- Stack on an toasted English muffin spread with Laughing Cow cheese, whole-grain mustard and deli-sliced turkey
- Put in a pita pocket with Romaine lettuce and feta cheese
- Toss with pasta, a little marinara sauce, and cheese (smoked mozzarella is really good with this)
- Toss with orzo and Parmesan cheese.
Have any other ideas? Let me know! Here are some other salad recipes you’re gonna love: