First, I traced the plywood seat onto 1″ foam and cut that out. I placed the foam on the plywood, then laid a piece of cotton batting on top. I flipped the seat over and stapled the batting to the back, pulling it taut constantly, and trying to keep wrinkles around the edge to a minimum. Then I repeated that process with my navy ikat fabric, making sure that the pattern was centered first before I started to staple.
When the frame was dry, I screwed the reupholstered seat back on and bodda-boom-bodda-bing…it’s a new chair! I’m using it as my desk chair, but it looks kinda good in our bedroom, too.