I’m ashamed at how long it’s been since I’ve posted. My only excuse (and I THINK it’s a good one) is that I’m very pregnant and my Home Made Modern-ish activities have slowed considerably in these last few weeks. I’m lapping up the time I have left to spend alone with our first daughter before her sister arrives, and quite frankly, that’s left time for little else. Some of the fun stuff we’ve been doing:
- Going on walks expressly for jumping in puddles
- Planting zinnia seeds and counting the new sprouts every day (this activity was inspired by Zinnia’s Flower Garden, another book by Monica Wellington)
- Having picnics in the back yard
- Going out for ice cream in the middle of the day for no other reason than I can’t seem to get enough of it throughout this pregnancy
- Visiting local doughnut shops and taking them to the playground to devour so she can burn off her sugar buzz on the slides (again, the doughnuts are more for me than her at this point), and
- Reading books on the porch swing
I’ll admit, none of this is terribly inventive, creative, or home made but I tell myself it’s the quality time that counts at this stage in the game. Since I feel like a ticking time bomb, I’ve become acutely aware of how precious this time is before we bring our new addition home and life gets even more hectic for awhile. So we’ve slowed down…for now.